Letter to the BBC’s Resident Presidents



Letter to the BBC’s Resident Presidents

By: Abraham Daljang Maker, Kampala Uganda.

Dear resident Presidents, this letter come to inform you that I am forming an opposition for democratic change (ODC). We have been fighting together for 50 years in the Bush house in order to obtain independent. Indeed, we moved to the new house at broadcasting House after we overwhelmingly voted for independence. I know you have not been happy with me because of my thirst for power which made me defected several times during our movement, you must know that all I needed was power. But thank God that I became the Vice president in our new house government in London. I was about to start enjoying the sweat of our toil at a dinner table but you sacked me and the entire BBC cabinet before we could relish the food; we oppose you because we could not stand seeing you eating alone when we had all suffered during that thicket Bush house war in London. I was so impatient to wait for the next elections because I discovered that your two years as presidents in the new broadcasting house are too long than the 34 years Robert Mugabe spent in power. I want you to know that our new house will not be in peace unless you resign and I become the president, I know you feared that I would win the elections, didn’t you?

You made me and my colleagues to oppose you because we prophesied that you will be a dictator as manifested in some actions you did in recent months. I am aware that some of us stole billions of dollars and you pardon them, you deserve credit for that.  You and I decided to train an indiscipline army who started to assault each other but later turned their anger on our innocent civilians. When I ran away, you said I had staged a coup which I denied although some people said I planned for this violent. Yes I have decided to form a democratic movement called new broadcasting house democratic movement. I am aware that the peace talk which is going on in France between my delegations and yours will not yield positive results until you remove the Russian Red army from our new house. I am glad that our delegations are eating well in the 5 star hotels in France while the people are starving in displacement camps. I am still thinking of other options; maybe I should have been doing the Walk-to-Work Protest so that I cause harmless commotions in the city while wrestling with police. But I am afraid you would spray me with tear gas pepper. Well, I will decide to take that option if you and I agree to end the suffering of those civilians. 

I look forwards to registering my political party to challenge you in the next election instead of me eating under these trees and you in the house while our armies are battling for us in hot sun.
Thank you for your consideration and see you during the campaigns and elections
****************
Yours opposition leader

Comments

  1. Great Piece,,, Daljang I'm gonna substitute Oli-Chambo. Both has been preaching African leaders wish to die in the chair and forget they are too. In every proffesions people have to retire but for them it not the case. Anyhow wishes them the best and evacuates the office for us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Street children in Rumbek lakes state are expecting bright dawn

Teresa Nyankol Mathiang was a peace Icon and a liberator

COWS HAVE BECOME THE SYMBOLS OF DOOM IN OUR CULTURE.