I am unhappy child, don’t despise me... By: Abraham Daljang Maker

I am unhappy child, don’t despise me 

 By: Abraham Daljang Maker

I am going to be 4 years old by 9th July, this is also the time when my country got her independent.
After I gave my mother a long labour for about 55 year or so, I was born at last. I saw the light and my parents rejoiced, they never bothered about the years of pang I have inflicted on my dear mother.
I am unhappy child, don’t despise me.
In my mother’s womb, I never thought I would suffer, tears rolled down her cheeks when she saw my beautiful face gazing up at her. She kissed my cheeks and murmured these words, “I love you my child and I will not think about the pain I went through for all these years.” By coincident, the whole world seemed to have noticed my arrival in the world, as if they were in the same labour pain as my own mother went through, they also joined in celebrating my birth. I thought I was going to be a celebrity, but I was mistaken. The dime light at the end of the tunnel grew dimmer and dimmer everyday as I approached the end of the tunnel, the journey got tougher on my third year on this planet because I starved to death, I died of diseases, I died of gunshot and other tragic events occurred to me.
I am unhappy child, don’t despise me.
In the first two year after my birth, I enjoyed the colostrum from my own mother, I was gaining weight and I was looking healthy. A very healthy child indeed, all future looked so promising especially on the day I celebrated my second birthday, people across the world brought a lot of presents  all over the world to wish me well. I was wondering why I was so much adorn despite the pain of labour my mother went through. Well, I was enjoying and I saw the brightest road ahead of me. But little did I know that my darkest days were ahead, I didn’t know that my people would flexed their muscles which would leave me so vulnerable to any demise. Yes, I felt that I was going to suffer before my forth birthday.
I am unhappy child, don’t despise me.
There came an unexpected event, before I would look forward to seeing another wonderful  birthday where I expected a lot of cookies, cakes and other eats,  I got crushed, a car crush? No. Did the boat sink while I was in? No, what happened then? Well, whatever happened, I am a suffering child in the wilderness. I didn’t know what happened but the tragedy occurred, leaving me lying helpless on the ground.
I am unhappy child, don’t despise me
 I lied in the pool of blood, flies buzz on my emaciated eyes, by ribs bulged out and you can count them, I am weak, hungry and sick.  Please! Save me, my mother needs me, you need me, and the whole world also need me; don’t turn your back to me but come to my rescue.

I am unhappy child, don’t despise me…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Street children in Rumbek lakes state are expecting bright dawn

Teresa Nyankol Mathiang was a peace Icon and a liberator

COWS HAVE BECOME THE SYMBOLS OF DOOM IN OUR CULTURE.