A TALE OF AN ORPHAN, THE ONLY CHILD THAT LIVES!

I DIDN’T SEE YOU, BUT THEY SAY; YOU WERE A GREAT MAN.

#WorldPoetryDay

A tale of an orphan, the only child that lives!

It’s haunts me, day and night yet I have no slightest hint of how you look.
You left when I was barely five, you never say goodbye. Of course, how would you, to a 4-year-old child? How would, you when you were struggling with your last breath?

Come, try to come today if it were possible and I won’t recognize you that you’re my father because, when you left this world, my eyes weren’t opened, my ears were closed, and my brain was too young to comprehend.

The say that you were a great man.

My mother (your wife) says it, my grandmother (your mother) says it, my aunts (your sisters) say it. the public who knew you say it.

The say, you were a great man.

I am trying, to keep the boat moving, the boat that you left floating on the waters. I know that you didn’t want to leave the boat, but death won’t allow you to do so.

I am rowing it day and night to make sure that I become great a man like you. It’s always stormy, tides are sometimes high and no grey-haired man around me to guide me with his wisdom. I am working hard to be like you, but I might not be as great as you were, for you aren’t here to mentor me, guide me, coach me and love me as any man would do to his only son and the only heir. Death, the cruelest death won’t let you stay with me.

They say, you were a good man.

“My sisters, I am so sorry that I am leaving all of you, but the most painful is that how will my son be without me?” I am told that these were your words before your last breath.

They say, you were a great man.

Don’t worry, I am strong, staying strong for about 30 years plus now, the God of our fathers has and is taking care of me. I am rekindling the fire that almost died out, you must be proud of me by now, aren’t you proud me father? I know you are.

They say, you were a good man!

Rest in Peace dad,

I love you

I won’t let you down.

I will keep the fire burning…

Love.
Son

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Street children in Rumbek lakes state are expecting bright dawn

Teresa Nyankol Mathiang was a peace Icon and a liberator

COWS HAVE BECOME THE SYMBOLS OF DOOM IN OUR CULTURE.